Re: [AMBER] Ambertools20 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 16:56:47 -0500

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020, Hrvoje Brkić wrote:

>I'm trying to install Ambertools20 on my PC with the Ubuntu 20.10 OS.

>Error: Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (scalar and rank-1)

What is the result of typing "gcc --version"? It is known that the
current Amber codes won't work correctly with gcc10, and we are actively
working on that.

The above error can be avoided by adding '-fallow-argument-mismatch' to
the FFLAGS variable in your config.h. But (assuming you indeed have gcc10
-- I can't seem to find the default compiler version on the web) there
will be lots of other problems, and you'll need to install gcc9 or earlier
to use Amber. Do an internet search on "ubuntu change default compiler"
for instructions on how to do that.

....good luck....dac