Re: [AMBER] System preparation for MMPBSA.py

From: Ray Luo <rluo.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:07:32 -0700

Satyajit,

Yes indeed, you can leave the metal and the crystal water as part of
the receptor. Of course the ligand cannot be covalently bonded to the
receptor. Otherwise you don't have a case for calculating nonbonded
binding affinity by MMPBSA.

If you want to set up a metallo-protein system for MD and MMPBSA,
please refer to MCPB on how to do so.

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology/Biochemistry/Biophysics,