Re: [AMBER] Amber TI - crgmask

From: Juraj Dobias <juraj.dobias.uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:39:02 +0100

Hi Senal,

First of all I am no expert in running TI. I wanted to apply it on our medicinal chemistry project, but in the end I gave up. Partially because from some sources it seemed that amber 18 has some problems with soft core potentials and our cluster still did not upgraded to amber 20.

I used to neutralize system in the same way as standard MD. Its always better to have system with small charge (-1 to 1) than not neutralized system that can often be more than 10.

Convergence is very tricky. I was using tools like alchemical_analysis https://github.com/MobleyLab/alchemical-analysis, pymbar and alchemlyb. In the end the most straightforward (I dont know if most correct) way was to use hamiltonian replica exchange in Amber. It directly provides info about window overlap by exchange frequency and also free energy difference between windows. 10 ns is not so short simulation, so it should be enough, but it depends on your system.

Juraj