Re: [AMBER] Adding Ions

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 07:04:40 +0000

Hello Bill, nice to hear from you.

No-go, this might be a problem with the PDB format. Packmol can handle CL just fine, that is not a problem though even if I pack the system with CLX (for example) and then exchange CLX -> CL, the read-frame seems to be is messed up in leap and I end up with errors.

I just used the addIons command instead though this has two effects which could negatively affect the outcome. First, it replaces a solvent molecule and second, you may want to be able to “place” the ion at particular coordinates in the system. Neither of these are of any importance to me right now though I suspect that there is a workaround to be able to use packmol (or something else) to place an ion at a particular coordinate and in this way not removing anything.

All the best
// Gustaf