Re: [AMBER] AMBER16 problem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:59:46 -0400

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, Seibold, Steve Allan wrote:

>I am trying to compile/install AMBER 16. When I run "./configure gnu", I
>get "Error: the X11 libraries are not in the usual location!....". So,
>did the "sudo apt-get install xorg-dev", but then I get the "Unmet
>dependencies. Try "apt-get -f install". I tried this, but it did not
>help...Suggestions?

It's certainly worth a try to download AmberTools20, and install that
(using cmake, as per the instructions.) This has a more standard way of
finding X11 stuff. I doubt anyone has tested this on a seven-year-old
version of Ubuntu, but one can hope....

Note that you can (and should) use the current version of AmberTools
(AmberTools20) alongside pmemd from earler versions of Amber.

...hope this helps....dac