[AMBER] NOE analysis with cpptraj

From: Pavlína Pokorná <pokorna.pavlina.ibp.cz>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 15:17:47 +0200

Dear all,

I have a question regarding NOE analysis when using a multiple-atom mask
with cpptraj.

If I use:
distance 117RADE_H8-41LYS_QG :117.H8 :41.HG= type noe noe_weak
analyze statistics all out noe.dat noeout noeout.dat

--> cpptraj then uses center-of-mass of :41.HG2 and :41.HG3 atoms to
compute its r6 weighted average distance with :117.H8 instead of treating
each of the :41.HG* atoms individually. There is no problem if I calculate
NOE with equivalent command using masks which both contain only one
hydrogen atom.

So, is it possible to make cpptraj use the r6 weighted averaging instead of
center-of-mass averaging when "type noe" is specified for distance action
with multiple atoms in the mask? Did I miss something with my cpptraj
commands?

Thank You,
Pavlina Pokorna

--