Re: [AMBER] Error running small molecule simulation: "RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN FAILURE" and "an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kClearForces" erros

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:05:30 -0400

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, Állan Ferrari wrote:

>I am interested in running an MD simulation with a protein-ligand system.
>Nonetheless, I keep running into a memory access error in the first MD
>computation (after minimization) which I can't figure out how to solve. To
>simplify everything, I ran an MD simulation of the protein alone and
>everything worked smoothly. With the ligand alone, it keeps returning this
>error though.

Have you run a (short) ligand MD simulation using CPU version. That can
often give better error messages than the GPU version provides. (The
GPU version is optimized for speed, and does not always provide a lot of
information when things go wrong.)

It is not uncommon that initial equilibration of a system may need to be
done on the CPU.

....regards...dac