Re: [AMBER] Which OS/Amber combinations are supported?

From: Gerald Monard <gerald.monard.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 08:41:35 +0200

Hello,

There should be no problem to compile Amber16 with RHEL8. There is no
instruction for RHEL8 per se in the Amber web site, but the instructions
for CentOS8 at http://ambermd.org/InstCentOS.php should be equivalent.

As for an upgrade, with Amber16, you are 4 versions of AmberTools and 2
versions of Amber behind the current ones. There have been a lot of
improvements since 2016 for Amber and AmberTools. Some are summarized in
the web site. That's up to you I guess depending on the Amber features that
you use or the new ones that you would like to use.

Best regards,

Gerald.