Re: [AMBER] Conversion of Gromacs [atomtypes] and [nonbond_params] to Amber NONBON and LJEDIT

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 09:58:33 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Nick,

The conversion of values from GROMACS to AMBER is correct, however the definition of the section is not...

The Rm value is calculated from the arithmetic mean:
Rm = Rm[1]/2 + Rm[2]/2

while the epsilon is calculated from the geometric mean:
e = sqrt(e[1]*e[2])

Then any of the following definition is correct

# Rm[1]/2 e[1] Rm[2]/2 e[2]

LJEDIT
f H1 1.73585 0.039557 1.73585 0.039557

# Using: (Rm[1]+Rm[2])/2
LJEDIT
f H1 3,47170 0.039557 0.00000 0.039557

# Using: (e[1]*e[2])
LJEDIT
f H1 3,47170 0.001565 0.00000 1.000000

After generating the topology, I strongly advise you to check the parameters using ParmEd.

Best,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]