Re: [AMBER] finding number of atoms within a radius

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 13:58:39 -0400

Hi,

I recently added an option to the 'mask' command of the GitHub version
of cpptraj called 'nselectedout' that you may find helpful. It will
write the number of atoms selected by the 'mask' command to a file,
e.g.

mask "(:8.NZ <:3.0)" name M out M.dat nselectedout Nselected.dat

Will select all residues within 3.0 Angstroms of residue 8, atom NZ,
and write details to M.dat and number of atoms selected to
Nselected.dat.

-Dan