Re: [AMBER] Coordinate resetting cannot be accomplished -reg

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 03:54:56 -0700

No obvious problems at step 28000. In general, you could save a restrt
at that point, then run with ntpr,ntwx=1 so you can analyze what went
wrong in order to learn the most.

After that recorded step, before the next 500 steps are done, the vlimit
is exceeded, and the inscrutable "i and j" here are atoms,

> iter_cnt, my_bond_idx, i and j are :       4    2801    5764    5774

so likely  there is a bond or superposition/vdw problem.  Typically this
has to do with a self-defined residue, and then either it's an error or
a subtle case that you will need to describe to get help (think strongly
electronegative atoms).

Bill

    “Don’t think of it as the warmest month of August in California in
    the last century,” he wrote. “Think of it as one of the coolest
    months of August in California in the next century.”