Re: [AMBER] constant pH error

From: Cruzeiro,Vinicius Wilian D <vwcruzeiro.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 22:43:03 +0000

Hello Santo,

All seems fine in your CPIN file. I believe you are having trouble due to some limitations inside constantph.F90 that affect the maximum size of the arrays in CPIN.

Both at the top of $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd/src/constantph.F90 and of $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/sander/constantph.F90 you will find the following:

#define MAX_TITR_RES 50
#define MAX_TITR_STATES 200
#define MAX_ATOM_CHRG 1000
#define MAX_H_COUNT 4

MAX_ATOM_CHRG defines the limit of the charge array as 1000, and your CPIN has more charges than that (1322, to be exactly). This would explain why your CpHMD simulations work when you have less titratable residues, because the charge array is smaller, makes sense? Try to change the 4 lines above accordingly, recompile whichever MD engine you are using (sander or pmemd), and I expect your problem to be solved.

I hope this helps,
And please let me know if you need any assistance further,

Vinícius Wilian D. Cruzeiro

PhD Candidate
Department of Chemistry, Physical Chemistry Division
University of Florida, United States