Re: [AMBER] expected average fluctuations in amino acid covalent bond distances, angle and torsion during typical md simulations

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:54:46 +0530

Dear David, Adrian and Amber community,
Thanks for highlighting the imin=5 options for sp calculation.
There seems be an mmpbsa_py_energy option that give sp Es, but that would
strip the waters and give protein Es in a solvent (GB/PB) model.
Is this also true for the imin=5 option which seems to be used with irism
keword in the manual?
On page 105 (Amber20 manual) it says that RISM is different from explicit
and implicit models.
imin=5 appears only 7 times in the manual, thus I'm not sure what are the
inherent assumptions and I'm not aware of the RISM method either.
Can you please help me understand if this approach "Trajectory
Post-Processing (imin=5)" can give me the FF-sp-Es for a structure of
choice from the trajectory without removing waters and without solvent
models?

I agree with your comment about requirement of "Free Energies" for Marcus
parameters, but the authors of the JACS, 2010, 132, 47, 17032–17040
<https://doi.org/10.1021/ja107876p> haven't explicitly mentioned using TI
or other methods, but are claiming to estimate "free energies" thus I'm
assuming that they are calling FF-sp-Es as "free energies". If this is
wrong, would that make their results less reliable? Is it valid because of
the "limit of linear response" that they mention for outer-sphere reog.Es.
Also the Figure 4-panel-D, red curve is unexpectedly smooth, I don't
understand why/how? There is nothing in the SI that can help answer some
of these questions. The used Amber9, thus I was hoping that progress since
then would have made such calculations more feasible/streamlined.

Please let me know how would you approach this problem for getting the
reorg.E or are they too difficult to estimate with current state-of-the-art
software/hardware and theory?

Thank you very much for your time and expert comments/suggestions on these
aspects.
Best regards

​http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/vaibhavdixit/profile
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/