Re: [AMBER] Query on nucleic acid force fields

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 23:35:21 -0400

In order to source a nucleic acids force field you will state, in your
leaprc, things like this:

source leaprc.DNA.OL15
source leaprc.RNA.OL3

For DNA< you have choices of bsc1 and OL15--I am almost certain that those
are substantially different, but check the literature from Cheatham group.
For RNA, you have LJbb, OL3, ROC, Shaw, and YIL options. I cannot advise
you on one model or another in this respect, but look in each of the leaprc
files (located in ${AMBERHOME}/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.[RD]NA.(option), and you
should see lines like "loadOff DNA.OL15.lib" and "parm10 = loadAmberParams
parm10.dat." The latter tells it to use torsion parameters from parm10, a
central collection of valence terms from our protein force fields. You
will find parm##.dat files in ${AMBERHOME}/dat/leap/parm/, and .lib
(library) files in ${AMBERHOME}/dat/leap/lib/.

HTH,
Dave