Re: [AMBER] Generate deleted .rst file from coordinates?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:05:32 -0400

Hi,

So you can use cpptraj to extract the final frame of your trajectory
and use it as a restart like so:

parm file.prmtop
trajin file.mdcrd lastframe
trajout file.rst7

Be aware though this isn't "true" restart, since velocity information
will be missing. You can use cpptraj to set velocities from a
Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution with the 'setvelocity' command - again
this won't be a "true" restart but should be OK, especially if your
total simulation time is large enough. The advantage of using cpptraj
to do this instead of sander/pmemd is that currently the latter two
won't correct for constrained atoms. For example:

parm file.prmtop
trajin file.mdcrd lastframe
setvelocity tempi <T> ntc 2 zeromomentum
trajout file.rst7

Replace <T> with your target temperature. The 'ntc 2' argument has the
same meaning as sander/pmemd, and specifies bonds to H are constrained
(likely what you are doing). The 'zeromomentum' keyword just ensures
that the total momentum of the system is zero. Hope this helps,

-Dan