Re: [AMBER] MCPB parametrization for an RNA systems

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:49:28 -0400

Hi Clarie,

Unfortunately, now MCPB.py does not support the recognition of nucleotides automatically. The way to solve your problem is to provide a mol2 file for the nucleotides by yourself and provide it through the naa_mol2files variable in the MCPB.py input file, along with providing an relevant parameter file through the frcmod_files variable (this file is not needed if the force field you chose already includes the parameters for nucleotides) in the MCPB.py input file.

Because Mg2+ is pretty ionic, so usually a nonbonded model is enough. Does the Mg2+ ions leave the original sites if you use a nonbonded model? Some ionic bonds are pretty strong and it is not easy for the ions to leave its original sites.

Pengfei