[AMBER] Growing of small molecules instead of annihilation of molecules in amber TI simulations

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 22:35:40 +0000

Hello Amber Users,
Since last week I have been looking into literature to search for growth of molecules rather than disappearing molecules in AMBER18-TI simulation protocols.
Seems like I could not find anyone in the previous threads who ever posted a query on this...
I was just curious if the developers would guide me on this:
In absolute binding free energy calculations we have timask1=’:C3N’ timask2=’’ ( if we want to annihilate the C3N molecule) but in case we reversed our masks ( timask1=’’ timask2=’:C3N’) would this define my end points to grow a C3N molecule in the kinase pocket?

I am thinking out loud so please correct me if I am thinking it all wrong....
Debarati