Re: [AMBER] Cyclic peptides in Amber?

From: Alexander Izvorski <aizvorski.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 15:14:29 -0700

Thanks Bill and David - That got me on the right track. Both these ways
worked, but what I ended up doing eventually is a little different from
either suggestion, using clearPdbResMap. Hopefully may help anyone else
who has a similar system to simulate.

I put the non-cyclic protein(s) in one pdb, and the cyclic peptide in
another, then

> source leaprc.protein.ff14SB
> mol1 = loadpdb noncyclic.pdb
> clearPdbResMap
> mol2 = loadpdb cyclic.pdb
> bond mol2.1.N mol2.10.C
> mol = combine { mol1 mol2 }

... and proceeded as usual from there.

For Amber devs: I think the res map should not assign N/C terminal variants
to amino acids which are properly peptide bonded, just because they're the
first/last one in the pdb; also pdb4amber probably shouldn't delete peptide
bonds. In any case, everything is working good for my practical problem.

Thanks!
Alex