Re: [AMBER] Amber 18 generates error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 09:21:36 -0400

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020, Lucas, Xavier wrote:

>I'm running a standard NPT MD simulation in Amber 18 using scripts and
>protocols that have worked well in previous projects, but as soon as the
>calculations start it crashes and the error "Error: an illegal memory
>access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest" is printed in the
>slurm logfile.

Since the error happens right away, try the same simulation on a CPU, and see
if you get different bheavior. See if a test calculations that switches to
NVT gives any different behavior. If there is a way you could share a simple
example that illustrates the problem, that would also be very helpful.

...regards...dac