Re: [AMBER] Fw: prepare_ligand4.py converts CA carbons to calcium atoms when doing the mol2 to pdbqt format conversion

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 16:36:59 -0400

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020, Esposito Carmen wrote:

>pythonsh prepare_ligand4.py -l file.mol2 -C -o file.pdbqt
>
>However, I noticed that when doing the format conversion carbon atoms
>with the atom type CA (in the mol2) are transformed into calcium atoms
>(Ca, in the pdbqt file).

I don't have an answer, but will note that prepare_ligand4.py is an
autodock script, not an Amber one. You may have better luck contacting
the AutoDock folks. I'll just note that the "pdbqt" files look a little
like PDB files, but are very non-standard, and seem to be using the
element columns for something quite different. I suspect that these
files may only be useful inside the AutoDock environment.

(Of course, someone on this list may also be able to help.)

....dac