Re: [AMBER] Error in Installing Amber 20 on GPU

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 09:37:24 -0400

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020, Suchetana Gupta wrote:

>Thanks for the response. As per your suggestion, we edited the run cmake
>file at DCUDA_TOOLKIT_DIR ta cuda-10.0. The installation was okay. But the
>make test.cuda.serial gave error. Attaching it in the txt file. Also,
>attached is the output for nvcc --output.

>Now in our machine, on typing nvidia-smi, we are getting the error: failed
>to initialize nvml: driver library version mismatch

I don't see how just changing an option in run_cmake could have caused
nvidia-smi to change its behavior. Most of your test errors come from
things that seem related to this: not finding a CUDA device, or not
being able to intialize it.

This is not something that can be debugged remotely: you will need to
find someone who has access to your machine and can examine the problem
of the mismatch between drivers and library version.

....dac