Re: [AMBER] Error in Installing Amber 20 on GPU

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 12:56:29 +0000

Both Cuda-9.0 cuda-10.0 are in this path: /usr/local
This sounds strange and could be a cause of problems.

    $ cat /usr/local/cuda/version.txt
    $ nvcc —version
    $ which nvcc
    $ ls -la /usr/local/cuda/nvcc

If both versions (9 and 10) are installed, which one is linked from (usr/local/cuda), and which has priority in your path?

Multiple versions can be installed though only one can be the “default”. If cuda 9 is linked or has priority in your path, "setting cuda 10” during compile might not actually produce the desired result as it seems that the config script still finds cuda 9.

Best regards
// Gustaf