Re: [AMBER] Tool to calculate CSP and NOE for DNA trajectory?

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 08:42:20 -0400

Hi Kenneth,

I do not know of any stand alone tools that will calculate NMR observables
from a trajectory.
I regularly do this without too much hassle using a combination of bash/awk
scripting and Cpptraj/shifts.
I also back out NOE distances from distance restraints - if you want to
predict NOEs using a trajectory, that's a different question (see Henriksen
et al. JPCB, dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp400530e), but also distance based.

If you look at the Cpptraj distance command, there is an option for
evaluating a distance as an NOE.
I write a script that takes my atoms of interest from whatever experimental
file format I have, and formats them into the distance command:

distance d0 :1.H1' :1.H4' type noe bound 0.0 bound 7.0 out
 dist/noe.val.0.dat
distance d50 :6.H5'' :6.H6 type noe bound 0.0 bound 7.0 out
 dist/noe.val.50.dat
analyze statistics all out noe.dat

The last part dumps analysis of each distance into a file (noe.dat)
containing initial and final values, avg and standard deviation, 1/r^6
averages, # of violations, etc.
Example output:

STATISTICS :1.H1' and :1.H4'
   AVERAGE: 3.0492 (0.2559 stddev)
   INITIAL: 3.0944
   FINAL: 3.2662
   NOE SERIES: S < 2.9, M < 3.5, W < 5.0, blank otherwise.
    |SMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM|
   NOE < 7.00 for 100.00% of the time
   NOE <r^-6>^(-1/6)= 2.9650
   #Violations: Low= 0 High= 0 Total= 0
   Rexp= 7.0000 <Violation>= -4.0350

               < 2.5 2.5-3.5 3.5-4.5 4.5-5.5 5.5-6.5 > 6.5
 %occupied | 2.4 | 95.1 | 2.5 | | | |
 average | 2.402 | 3.051 | 3.611 | | | |
 stddev | 0.084 | 0.223 | 0.103 | | | |

For chemical shifts for nucleic acids, I use shifts for protons, and
there's larmor-D for proton and carbon shifts.
And, I go through a similar procedure, where I look at the experiment to
see what's be deposited, use shifts to calculate those values from PDBs (I
have found you'll need to rename 5' and 3' ends to their non-terminal
counterparts i.e., C3 to C), and then calculate for each frame and average.

Good luck!
-Christina