Re: [AMBER] The lipid section in the 2020 manual require updating

From: Gould, Ian R <i.gould.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 14:19:50 +0000

Dear All,

Callum, Ross and I are putting together our Lipid 20 paper that includes anionic lipids, poly-unsaturated (PUFA) lipids and sphingomyelin. Head group torsion parameters are revised, resulting in improved agreement with NMR order parameters, and hydrocarbon chain parameters are updated, allowing a better match with phase transition temperatures. I do not know the origin or the mechanism of parameterisation of the lysophospholipids, PtdIns, and cardiolipins that are mentioned in the AMBER 20 manual packmol-memgen package and so cannot give any comment on their suitability for use with the rest of the Lipid 14/17 force fields.
I think that it would be very sensible that the documentation be updated to reflect this information.

Cheers,
Ian

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."
Mark Twain

Professor Ian R Gould, FRSC.
Professor of Computational Chemical Biology

Department of Chemistry
Imperial College London
Exhibition Road
London