Re: [AMBER] CPPTRAJ: distance between atoms

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 07:35:17 -0400

Hi,

From your description, it’s not clear what you’re trying to do, or what
exactly you’re comparing to in VMD. The cpptraj command you gave would give
the distance (and note the distance will be imaged by default if there is
box information) from the center of mass of all atoms of Type1 to the
center of mass of all atoms of Type2. If what you want is each distance
between each individual atom of those types, you need a separate distance
command for each. You could use two for mask loops: “for atoms A0 inmask
.%Type1” etc. see the manual for full syntax.

-Dan