[AMBER] restraining many individual atoms

From: Ignacio General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 15:06:01 -0300

 Dear Amber users,

I need to do some MD runs with pmemd.cuda, restraining the position of
several hundred atoms. The problem is that they are not sequential, so that
I can't use ranges of values, but have to list them individually. ntr=1
with restraintmask only allows 256 characters, so this is not good enough.
I thought of using the old group specification but, again, since the atoms
are not ordered, I need to create a group for each atom. In that case, I
will need to have a sequence of several hundred groups, something like this:
Group 1:
10.0
ATOM 265
END
Group 2:
10.0
ATOM 267
END
Group 200:
10.0
ATOM 5215
END
END

Anybody can think of a better way of doing this? And if I do it this way,
is there a limit to the number of groups that can be given to pmemd.cuda?

Thanks for your help,

Ignacio