Re: [AMBER] Why is 360 degree is not equal to 0 degree in PES Scan?

From: Steven M. Graham <grahams.stjohns.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:35:51 +0000

Unless I missed, you haven't said what the molecule is. When I was doing similar things in ribonucleotides I had similar problems unless the 2', 3', and 5'-hydroxyls were restrained. However, the molecule was simple enough that I could see which other torsions had changed in 360o (=0o) structure. If I restrained that torsion to the original 0o value, optimized, removed restraint, and optimized I got the 360o structure to agree with the initial 0o structure.
Best of luck
Steve

Steven M. Graham, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and AAAS Fellow