Re: [AMBER] Acetylated the truncated N- terminal

From: Abdul-Rashid III Sampaco <absampaco.up.edu.ph>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 13:16:19 +0800

Hi Lod,

This might simply mean adding an ACE residue at the N-terminal of your
protein. This is usually done when the available structure has missing
residues on the terminal ends. To avoid a positive charge on the N-terminal
end of your truncated protein, you can cap it using ACE. The same thing can
also be done for a truncated C-terminal end using NME (N-methylation).