Re: [AMBER] topology problems

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 16:28:09 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Steve,

I'm not truly understanding your issue... leap parse the PDB structure according to the chain IDs and/or TER statements... if you want to have a single/unique continuous polypeptidic chain then name it the same (e.g. "A"), otherwise leap will split it in two (no peptidic bond between A and B is generated) and terminal residues are set accordingly (probably file "leap.log" says "Mapped residue XXX, term: Terminal/beginning...", that is the reason for the introduction of OXT atoms... because by default N and C termini are patch to be zwitterionic (OXT belongs to carboxyl at Ct).

Best,

Matias Machado

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]