[AMBER] Simulations Without Network

From: Garcia, Mauro <mgarcia262.islander.tamucc.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:34:57 +0000

Dear All,

My research lab has relocated our computers that have the AMBER software on them. I tried running a simulation, as I normally do (this time off-campus) and I get the error message, “No network interfaces were found for out-of-band communications. We require at least one available network for out-of-band messaging.” However, after speaking to one of our collaborators, they were still able to run simulations while not being connected to a network, so I do not suspect it is a networking issue because most software works without internet once it is installed. Any ideas of how I may troubleshoot and correct this error message?

We have tried to connect our system via ethernet at my apartment but cannot connect here. The question is, is it necessary to connect to a network to run simulations and energy calculations on AMBER18?

Best regards,

Mauro A. Garcia

Master of Science in Chemistry, TAMUCC ‘21
Computational Chemistry Graduate Research Student, Billiot Lab
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of PENS