Re: [AMBER] nastruct and modified base pairs

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:10:44 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response- I'm on version V4.25.8 via the Github
branch, and the input is-

> parm HA_ino.prmtop
> trajin curves.nc 1 10 1
> rms first :1-23.P,O5',C5',C4',C3',O3'
> rms :1-46.P,O5',C5',C4',C3',O3'
> rms :1-46./H
> nastruct DNA resrange 1-46 naout nastruct resmap DI:G hbcut 3.5 origincut
> 2.5 zcut 2 zanglecut 65 groovecalc 3dna

Which when I run it, errors out with the following mentioning a missing
atom to map with-

 ACTION SETUP FOR PARM 'HA_ino.prmtop' (1 actions):
> 0: [nastruct DNA resrange 1-46 naout nastruct resmap DI:G hbcut 3.5
> origincut 2.5 zcut 2 zanglecut 65 groovecalc 3dna]
> Error: Ref Atom [N2] not found in NA base [DI].
> Error: Could not set up residue DI:12 for NA structure analysis.
> Error: Setup failed for [nastruct]

I assume this is actually an intended function in since it can't map on the
missing N2, but was wondering if there's workaround to it, ie, map only the
atoms present?

Best,

Kenneth