Re: [AMBER] issue while installing AMBER tools on windows10 Linux subsystem

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 22:49:39 +0000

Hello Ana

So, the shell and path issues can be overwhelming in the beginning. If you have not switched shells and you are in the WSL then you are using bash, 100%. The the "setenv" should fail as this is a "csh/tcsh" specific command.

This command:

    test -f /home/maryam/amber18/amber.csh && source /home/maryam/amber18/amber.csh (csh/tcsh)

Should not be executed!

This command:

sudo echo "test -f /home/[username]/amber18//amber.sh && source /home/[username]/amber18//amber.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

Is the only one you should run, as is with no other arguments. For you this means:

sudo echo "test -f /home/maryam/amber18//amber.sh && source /home/maryam/amber18//amber.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

and do NOT FORGET the:

source ~/.bashrc

If the installation worked without a problem you most likely got the "export AMBERHOME" right though in order to get the test running properly you should get the "test" part above correct.

This might be a little bit confusing and potentially not at the correct level for you though I'd like to recommend looking into the "path" and environmental variable concept:

<http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr3013/full_shownotes.html>http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=3013

Hacker Public Radio ~ The Technology Community Podcast Network<http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=3013>
hackerpublicradio.org
Hacker Public Radio is an podcast that releases shows every weekday Monday through Friday. Our shows are produced by the community (you) and can be on any topic that are of interest to hackers and hobbyists.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-adding-path/

Best regards

// Gustaf