Re: [AMBER] issue while installing AMBER tools on windows10 Linux subsystem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 13:09:23 -0400

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, Ana Ziad wrote:

>We recommend adding the line:

  test -f /home/maryam/amber18/amber.sh && source /home/maryam/amber18/amber.sh

The above is the one you need. Note that the "(sh/bash/zsh)" part is a
comment. You are almost certainly not running the csh shell (see
below).

> test -f /home/maryam/amber18/amber.csh && source
>/home/maryam/amber18/amber.csh (csh/tcsh)

In my view, this comment causes more harm than good, and should be
removed. If there is any poor soul out there using tcsh as an
interactive shell, they almost sure know that they are doing that, and
know how to handle situations like this.

Stated in other terms: the number of users to don't know what shell they
are using (and hence are likely to be confused by this message) is far
greater than the number of people actually using tcsh (only a few of
whom would not already know this information.)

....dac