Re: [AMBER] unusual planarity change during md.

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 11:38:14 -0400

There is no magic in MD and modeling.

The conformations you see come from your force field parameters and your
MD settings (how long you run, dt, pressure, etc)

In your case, the reason for the bending comes from the parameters.

Now, we do not know if that bending is reasonable or not, only you would
know, looking at the literature and knowing your system.

If you decide it should not bend, then you need to look at the force
field parameters you are using.

If you used gaff/antechamber to get those parameters, you should look
carefully and that step, at the frcmod file, etc and change parameters
there.

My suspicion is that the force constants for your torsions in the rings
are not strong enough, but I cannot really confirm that.

adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry