Re: [AMBER] What's the least biased way to stop a molecule from crossing a periodic boundary?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 07:48:44 -0400

Maybe the problem isn't wrapping, but the actual periodic box. Are you
saying that the 2 sides of your receptor are so close in the periodic
lattice that it can easily move between the intra and extracellular sides?
Perhaps the box is too small. You could increase your box size (probably
needed if they are this close since it isn't a good model). To me the
flatwell resrraint you have tried seems reasonable. It only introduces bias
in the region away from your interest. Of course it does impact things like
binding equilibrium, but you are not likely to get converged values for
that in any case. Just make sure that your restraint is zero regardless of
the area near your binding site. 40A sounds ok to me.