Re: [AMBER] adding Na, K and Cl ions matching intracellular conc

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 21:20:09 +0530

Dear Matias and Amber list
I will read these soon.
I'm additionally wondering if the K+ ions enter protein active sites
especially when the entry-exist channels are available and K has auxillary
or noncatalytic roles?
My first impression is that K+ doesn't appear with reasonable frequencies
in pdb database in the active sites for these two types. But is it likely
to be a experimental artifact or more real representative of the facts?
Please let me know your thoughts on this
Thanks and best regards.
Vaibhav