Re: [AMBER] Weird error with antechamber for metal ion / MCPB tutorial

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:10:03 -0500

Thanks a lot David and Marcelo,

Using '-dr n' or '-dr no' didn't help, and I still got the same error.
However, rolling back to Antechamber 17.3 works nicely:

$ antechamber -fi pdb -fo mol2 -i ZN.pdb -o ZN_pre.mol2 -at amber -pf y
Welcome to antechamber 17.3: molecular input file processor.
acdoctor mode is on: check and diagnosis problems in the input file.
-- Check Format for pdb File --
-- Check Unusual Elements --
Warning: Unusual element () for atom (ID: 1, Name: ZN).
GAFF does not have sufficient parameters for molecules having unusual
         elements (those other than H,C,N,O,S,P and halogens).
         To ensure antechamber works properly, one may need to designate
         bond types for bonds involved with unusual elements.
         To do so, simply freeze the bond types by appending "F" or "f"
         to the corresponding bond types in ac or mol2 files.
-- Check Open Valences --
Warning: This molecule has no hydrogens nor halogens.
         It is quite possible that there are unfilled valences.
-- Check Geometry --
      for those bonded
      for those not bonded
acdoctor mode has completed checking the input file.

It really seems to be a bug introduced in some later version of
Antechamber.

All the best,
--
Gustavo Seabra.