Re: [AMBER] sulfonamide parameters for correct geometry

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 13:01:45 -0500

Hi Annachiara,

I also tested the model compound benzene sulfonamide. I first generated
RESP charges for the model compound, generated a mol2 file using
antechamber with "-at gaff2", then I ran parmchk2 to generate frcmod file
with "-s 2" flag. After minimization, I superposed the minimized geometry
to the ab initio one and the rmsd is 0.037 Angestrom. The ca-sy-n8
angle is 103.5
and 101.4 for the ab initio and gaff2 optimized geometries, respectively.
benzene_sulfonamide.ac : ab initio optimized
min_aligned.pdb: gaff2 optimized

If you can send me the geometry of your molecules, maybe I can figure out
what's going on.

All the best

Junmei