Re: [AMBER] vanilla Nose-Hoover thermostat availability

From: Sally Pias <sallypias.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:41:00 -0700

Hi Dave,

Thank you for letting me know of the plans for implementing the Bussi
thermostat.

I have tried the Langevin thermostat with a gamma value of 0.1 ps-1. The
effect on dynamics was far less with this setting, but I worry about the
rigor of the results. Seeing your suggestion prompts me to compare the data
we get with gamma=0.1 and with no thermostat (NVE).

Best regards,
Sally

Sally Pias
Associate Professor of Chemistry