Re: [AMBER] Wanting to get synchronized trajectory files

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:47:36 +0000

This was way back in the day, a student forgot to set ig (or forgot to change the ig value, can’t remember which) and ran a triplicate simulation. We noticed that something was odd as the hydrogen bond and RDF analyses data produced identical values. Turned out that when you opened the trajectory data files in vmd, they were an exact overlay of each other.

So at least back then (2010/2011, can’t remember which amber version we were using then) starting from the same PRMTOP and IMPCRD files using other no randomisation (ig) or with the same random number (ig) produced no variation in the calculated trajectories in three separate replicates. So I would guess that starting from a RST file with no randomisation would produce identical trajectories, although I have not tried this myself.

Best regards
// Gustaf