Re: [AMBER] Is there any sense in even trying to model large conformational dynamics with molecular dynamics?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 14:59:07 -0500

I agree, plain MD might not be the best way depending on what you're trying
to learn. Using NEB and/or umbrella sampling might characterize the
transition if you know what it should be. Also a weighted ensemble approach
might let you explore the path (see WESTPA for example). If you're just
wondering if plain MD is capable, you might try an implicit solvent model
with reduced viscosity (igb=8 for example).