Re: [AMBER] How to use polarizable water model in Amber 18?

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 01:46:57 +0000

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020, Karolina MitusiƄska (Markowska) wrote:

>I've played with the POL3 water model and discovered something odd.
>I'm using a system with additional crystallographic water molecules. And no
>matter what they are called in the pdb file, they are treated different
>than the water molecules from the POL3BOX.

How do you know that there is more than a cosmetic difference? Have you
used parmed to print the bonds and angles for the two waters? Are there
hydrogens on the waters in the protein_with_wat.pdb?

My guess is that *very* few people have used ipol=1 in Amber recently,
and the ones that have done this probably are not following this list.
So you may expect to have to do a lot of sleuthing around to get a
non-polarizable protein + polarizable water system to work.

Have you looked at the test cases for ipol=1? Can you run those
successfully, and maybe extend or modify them? That would give you
something to compare with what you are doing.

....dac