Re: [AMBER] GPU-AMBER18 installation on RTX2080Ti

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:32:13 -0500

Hi Keigo,

I have not yet tested AMBER 19 with CUDA 10.2 myself although I'd expect it to work. CUDA 10.1 works fine. The warnings during the compilation are innocuous. You can ignore those. However the GpuBuffer:Download failure is a fatal error. To confirm do you see this when running the GPU test cases or when you are running a simulation of a protein of your own? This sort of error can typically occur due to three things, 1) A malfunctioning GPU, bad memory, flaky GPU core etc, 2) An unstable simulation, clashes of atoms, insufficiently minimized etc, 3) A subtle error coming from the combination of compilers, system library versions used etc.

If you see this when running the test cases then that rules out option 2.

All the best
Ross