Re: [AMBER] Amber updates brings duplicate patch

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:57:07 -0500

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, viktor drobot wrote:

>Yes, it's pure tarball downloaded from ambermd.org

Does the system always complain about the same update?

The update_amber script is just running "patch", so you can download
update.8 from the web site, and try applying it "by hand" to your final source
code. The script uses "patch -p0 -N -s < update.8". Try leaving out
the "-N" when you do this by hand, which should give extra info.

I'm using patch version 2.5.8. I suppose it's possible that there could
be differences with different versions....but seems unlikely for a
program that dates to 1988 and is universally used throughout the
internet.

....dac