Re: [AMBER] Conformation of NEB end states changing during 1HEAT

From: Madhur Aggarwal <madhur.aggarwal.research.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:44:29 +0000

Hi Delaram, Carlos,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
As per Carlos's suggestion, I am focussing on NEB calcs in implicit solvent only for Alanine dipeptide (attached ala_implicit.1heat.sh) and my system for now ..
I compared the 2 mdin scripts line by line and I realized that there was one difference .. I had put SHAKE constraints on hydrogen atoms in my system, which were not there in case of Alanine dipeptide. I removed these constraints (attached modified implicit.1heat.sh) and ran simulation once again on my system.
For my system, by looking at the mdout file (attached mysys.neb.out.000), I see that the energies for end states change by a very small amount (in decimals) when their values are compared at NSTEPS=0 and NSTEPS=500 .. energy values for the end states remain constant after that ..
Whereas in the case of Alanine dipeptide, the energy values seem to remain constant throughout, upto 3 decimal places. (attached ala.neb.out.000).
When I compare the PDB files of the initial and final conformations of each end state, the coordinates differ. (Attached initial and final pdb files for one of my end state state1 here).

.Delaram, I have attached state1.prmtop, state1.inpcrd (after minimization) and state2.inpcrd (after minimization) files here.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Madhur Aggarwal