Re: [AMBER] Does amber work with NVIDIA RTX6000?

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 22:16:01 -0500

Absolutely it works with these cards. I haven't been able to produce
benchmarks I am satisfied with because my RTX-6000 is not well powered, but
the calculations run fine. There is double precision on that card but not
nearly as much as something like a Titan-V. The difference between 6000
and 8000 is only memory, and the 6000 itself has gobs of it (24GB).
Doubling that to 48GB in the 8000 isn't necessary for any simulations that
Amber can run--other parts of the code will break before you make a system
large enough to hit that GPU memory limit.

Dave