Re: [AMBER] compiling Amber with gcc 9.2 and intel mpi 2019

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 14:50:49 -0500

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

>I am trying to clarify this with the support at the supercomputer center
>... Indeed when I test with "mpicc -show" and "mpicc -v" it appears as
>the Intel MPI is compiled with gcc 4.8.5 ... So, maybe here is the
>incompatibility  ... But this was not a problem with gcc 7.4 with which
>I could compile also using an MPI built with gcc 4.8.5 ....

Be careful here! The "Intel MPI" compiler is called "mpiicc", not
"mpicc". Even though (on our cluster) mpicc is in an intel
"compilers_and_libraries" folder, it uses gcc. If I type
"mpiicc -show", I see that it is uses icc.

However, I don't know if modules compiled with gcc9 are compitible with
whatever icc version you have....

....dac