Re: [AMBER] Error adding OH⁻ ions in a simulation box

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 00:05:17 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Lucas,

OH- is a two atoms molecule, I guess building the topology (prep file) and parameters (frcmod) by-hand should be very easy... I'm not an expert in this theme, but these papers seems helpful...

[http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b12504]

or

[https://doi.org/10.1039/B704491G], if you are using a polarizable force field.

But you may find better options in the literature (these took me less that 1 min to google!)

I guess antechamber won't help you that much, as parameterization of OH- as solvent may be rather tricky, cause you may need to fit both charges and LJ to experimental RDF, hydration energies, bla, bla, bla...

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]