Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic integration

From: Charles Lin <Charles.lin.silicontx.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 16:58:35 +0000

In absolute binding free energies, your endpoints are:
Ligand (fully charge, fully interacting), ligand (no charge full interacting), nothing (no charge not interacting)

Decharge does (fully charge, fully interacting) -> (no charge, fully interacting)
VDW does (no charge, fully interacting) -> (no charge, not interacting)

Therefore you don't need a recharge step.

Essentially timask1 and timask2 define your endpoints of your lambda windows (0.0 and 1.0).