Re: [AMBER] Error during the test of amber 18 installation

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 19:02:34 +0000

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019, Sunita Patel wrote:

>There are several cpptraj.MPI: errors.

Some of the error messages don't seem to have anything to do with cpptraj:

>/home/external/cbs/sunitap/softwares/amber18/bin/teLeap: /lib64/libc.so.6:
>version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by
>/home/external/cbs/sunitap/softwares/amber18/bin/teLeap)

teLeap is an executable built during the serial configuration step. Did you
perhaps copy the teLeap file from one machine to another one? You have to do
the serial installation on each computer you plan to use.

Second: are you sure you need the MPI version of cpptraj? The file-locking
errors you report are quite uncommon. Are you doing anything beyond the most
basic installation (e.g. trying to use some system version of netcdf, or some
other library)?

I'm sorry that the installation process has been so difficult, but you seem to
be installing in a most unusual environment. We only get fragmentary reports
via email of problems, and none of them (so far) have run any bells of
recognition.

....regards....dac